A couple of tips: Roast the chicken breast in the oven for 20 minutes at 425. Remove and let cool while you prep the rest of the ingredients. I used homemade chicken broth that I pulled out of the freezer about 2 hours before cooking. It adds that extra bit of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 chopped leek
- ½ cup shallot, thinly sliced
- ¾ tsp. chopped fresh thyme, or ¼ tsp dried
- 1 ½ cups diced red potato (skin on)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken breast
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 ½ tbsp. cornstarch
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (such as Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust)
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Add leek, shallot, and thyme; sauté 2 minutes. Add potatoes; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates. Stir in mustard and broth; bring to a boil. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, mixed vegetables, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture and half and half to pan. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into an 8 inch baking dish.
3. Unfold pie crust and place over mixture. Fold ends underneath until flush with sides of dish, creating a seal.; pinch the edges of the crust with fingers. Cut 6 slits in top of crust. Put baking dish on baking pan and bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes, or until crust is lightly brown and mixture is bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.